An essential resource for parents of premature babies.
The birth of a new baby is a time full of joy and wonder. But when your baby is born premature, that joy also comes with stresses and challenges.
Written for parents, but full of practical advice for health care professionals alike, Preemie Care helps ease the unique preemie journey to health, with a comprehensive guide to the first year of life. Leading neonatal nurse specialists Karen Lasby and Tammy Sherrow draw on their decades of experience, empowering you with the knowledge and resources to give your little one the best possible start in life--in the NICU and beyond.
In Preemie Care, you will learn:
- How to care for yourself and your baby while in the NICU
- What to expect at the time of discharge, and how to prepare for the journey home
- Strategies to foster your baby's health and prevent illness
- Everything you need to know about feeding--from the breast, bottle, tube, and spoon
- How to support and stimulate your baby at each key developmental phase
- Tips for self-care during this challenging year
- And much, much more, including stories from other preemie parents
Having a premature baby can feel like an unexpected journey on rough seas. With extensive and up-to-date information about how to look after your little one, Preemie Care will be a life preserver through these tumultuous waters and will help steer you confidently through the first year of your baby's life.