If you want to discover the enthralling history of Sparta and the Trojan War, then keep reading...
Two manuscripts in one book:
Almost everyone has heard of the famous three hundred Spartan soldiers who stood against the Persians at Thermopylae. But did you know that Sparta was home to two kings? Or that their women had more freedom than the women of Athens?
The beautiful history of classical Sparta has been in the spotlight for some time now. Sometimes, it feels as if the details about this city-state are as vast as the Aegean
In part one of this book, you will discover:
- The origin and foundations of ancient Sparta;
- The role of mythical divinity in the emergence of Sparta;
- Wars and conquests that helped shape Sparta's foreign relations;
- The lives and times of the great kings and heroes of Sparta;
- The unique socio-political structure of classical and post-classical Sparta;
- The famous agoge and Sparta's prestigious military;
- A typical day as a citizen or non-citizen living in ancient Sparta;
- And much, much more
Epic story or historical fact? Historians disagree whether the Trojan War was either - or both Around 1,200 BCE, war raged between the Ancient Greeks and their rivals in Troy. It's the oldest story in the world, and its account was captured by the Greek poet, Homer. In part two of this book, you'll learn just why this story is still studied in high schools and universities worldwide
Who were these Greeks, and what drove them to fight for so long, so far from home? Who were the Trojans, and how were they able to fend off the mighty Greeks for ten long years? Perhaps even more important, what has caused us to tell and retell this story for thousands of years?
In part two of this book, you will discover:
Scroll up and click the "add to cart" button to learn more about Sparta and the Trojan War