Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Pocket San Francisco is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Watch fog creep beneath the Golden Gate Bridge, ride a cable car past stately Victorians, or taste the best of California cuisine at the Ferry Building; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of San Francisco and begin your journey now
Inside Lonely Planet Pocket San Francisco
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out San Francisco map (included in print version), plus over 17 color neighborhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organised by neighborhood to help you pick the best spots to spend your time
- Covers Golden Gate Bridge, The Marina, Fisherman's Wharf, North Beach, Chinatown, Downtown, SoMa, Hayes Valley, Civic Center, The Mission, The Haight, Golden Gate Park, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Pocket San Francisco a colorful, easy-to-use, and handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, provides on-the-go assistance for those seeking only the can't-miss experiences to maximize a quick trip experience.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences, and extensively covers all of San Francisco's neighborhoods? Check out Lonely Planet San Francisco guide, or Lonely Planet Discover San Francisco, a photo-rich guide to all of the city's most popular attractions.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out our Lonely Planet California guide for a comprehensive look at all the state has to offer, or Lonely Planet Discover California, a photo-rich guide to the state's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.