Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Discover California is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Go star-spotting in Hollywood, marvel at soaring redwood forests, or sample vintages in Wine Country; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of California and begin your journey now
Inside Lonely Planet's Discover California:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, family travel, visual art, cinema, literature, music, architecture, cuisine, wine, landscapes, wildlife.
- Over 40 color maps
- Covers Los Angeles, San Francisco, Northern California, Wine Country, Yosemite & the Sierra Nevada, San Diego & the Deserts, Disneyland & Orange County and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Discover California, our easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colorful photos, focuses on California's most popular attractions for those looking for the best of the best.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences, and extensively covers all California has to offer? Check out Lonely Planet's California guide.
- Looking for a guide for Los Angeles or San Francisco? Check out Lonely Planet's Los Angeles guide and the San Francisco guide for a comprehensive look at all these cities have to offer; or Pocket Los Angeles and San Francisco, handy-sized guides focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Western USA guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Sara Benson, Andrew Bender, Alison Bing, Celeste Brash, Tienlon Ho, Beth Kohn, Adam Skolnick and John A Vlahides.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.