Usually Arrives in 2-10 Days
Finally a homeschool how-to book that is backed up with proven results. Whether you are a newbie or veteran homeschooler, still have children in a brick-and-mortar school, or are just trying to get prepared for the next pandemic, "From Homeschool to Harvard Without Paying a Cent" is an invaluable guide.
From Homeschool to Harvard Without Paying a Cent shows tried and tested strategies Eloisa Minasi used over a 10-year period, starting with supplementing her sons' education at public school and transitioning to full time homeschooling. Both of her boys excelled in their education with her elder son graduating with a neuroscience degree at age 18 and her younger son with an engineering degree at age 19 (summa cum laude).
Eloisa now shares her wealth of experience and resources to help both homeschoolers and traditional school pupils. This book provides an excellent resource for all students and parents, especially those driven to home or remote school their children due to the 2020 pandemic.
- How to start homeschooling. Homeschooling laws, notice of intent, portfolio, annual evaluation and family support.
- Supplementing traditional school learning.
- Transitioning from brick-and-mortar school.
- Parental self-doubt
- Choosing curriculums that foster independence.
- Finding outside resources (umbrella schools, co-ops, support groups)
- Developing learning techniques.
- Learning on the road: field trips and virtual field trips.
- Integrating extracurricular activities.
- Building credentials to improve the chances of getting accepted into an Ivy League school.
- What if I need to reenroll my children into a public school? Instructions on how to follow state standards and keep your children abreast of the school curriculum.
- Homeschooling during a pandemic.
- Should students be tested? Discover the differences between testing and assessments.
- Choosing electives that are linked to career choices (shadowing and volunteering opportunities).
- Critical-thinking skills, socialization, public speaking, time management, handling failure, self-learning skills, and manners.
- Dealing with bad behavior/whining.
- How to never hear "I'm bored" from your children again.
- Putting an end to sibling fighting.
- Building a positive relationship with your children.
- Dealing with anger, positive and negative feedback, and the importance of consistency.
- Developmental stages.
- Helping a student who is underperforming due to anxiety.
- Tips on changing children's attitude/behavior and how to deal with misconduct that stands in the way of learning by providing intrinsic motivation for a successful learning experience.
- How to set boundaries and establish ground rules. Having a set time for video games and other distractions.