“A must-read for anyone coming to Ayurveda for the first time or as a readable brush-up for all. Sahara offers a contemporary explanation of Ayurvedic wisdom that resonates with today’s readers.”-Deepak Chopra
Discover your Ayurvedic Dosha (mind-body type) and find foods, self-care practices, yoga poses, and meditations that are tailored to your unique needs.
Best-selling author Sahara Rose Ketabi makes Ayurveda accessible with this contemporary guide to the world’s oldest health system. Originating in India over 5,000 years ago, Ayurveda is the sister science to yoga. It’s the age-old secret to longevity, digestive health, mental clarity, beauty, and balance that’s regaining popularity today for its tried-and-trued methods.
Sahara Rose revitalizes ancient Ayurvedic wisdom with a modern approach and explains how adjusting the timing of your meals; incorporating self-care practices such as dry-brushing, oil-pulling and tongue-scraping; eating the correct foods for your digestive type; and practicing the right yoga and meditation practices for your unique personality will radically enhance your health, digestion, radiance, intuition, and bliss.
With Idiot’s Guides: Ayurveda, you will:
• Discover your unique Dosha and learn how it is reflected in your physiology, metabolism, digestion, personality, and even in your dreams.
• Learn how your body’s needs change according to the season, environment, and time of day
• Find ways to regain luster, passion and flow in your life
• Enjoy easy-to-make, plant-based recipes
• Establish an Ayurvedic morning and nighttime ritual for optimal balance
• Learn how to balance your chakras according to your Dosha
• Use Ayurvedic herbs and spices to heal digestive issues, skin problems, hormonal imbalance, and other ailments
With plenty of fun facts, holistic humor, and sacred knowledge from Sahara that will help you seamlessly integrate Ayurveda into your lifestyle.
Sahara Rose is an ancient soul in a modern body. She is a best-selling author and host of the Highest Self Podcast, the top-ranked spirituality podcast on iTunes. She has been called “a leading voice for the millennial generation into the new paradigm shift” by Deepak Chopra, who wrote the forewords for her books. Sahara is known for making spiritual and Ayurvedic wisdom fun and relatable so it can serve the needs of today's people.