Medical Liability and Treatment Relationships
is based on Part I,"The Provider and the Patient" of parent book Health Care Law and Ethics
, and adds additional coverage of professional licensure and regulating access to drugs, and new cases and materials covering medical malpractice. Integrating public health, financial and ethical issues, this casebook uses compelling case law, clear notes and comprehensive background information to illuminate the complex and dynamic field of health care law.
The Third Edition has been updated to include new case law and literature, especially regarding malpractice law.
- Comprehensive yet concise, this casebook covers all aspects of medical liability and the treatment relationships between patient and provider.
- Includes cases and materials on Medical Malpractice not found in the parent book, including:
- Supreme Court decisions and notes on forensic medicine and epidemiological evidence.
- Problems on practice guidelines as proof of negligence.
- Cases and notes about ethics violations arising from ex parte contacts with treating physicians.
- Integrates public health and ethics issues from a relational perspective.
- Clear notes smooth transitions between cases and background information.
- Companion website provides background materials, updates of important events, additional relevant topics and links to other resources on the Internet.
Thoroughly updated, the revised Third Edition includes:
- Comprehensive updates to the case law and literature.
- New case law regarding malpractice reform.