Specifically designed to prepare medical students for their initial encounters with patients with heart disease, this award-winning text bridges basic cardiac physiology with clinical care. Written by internationally recognized Harvard Medical School faculty and select medical students, Pathophysiology of Heart Disease, Sixth Edition
provides a solid foundation of knowledge regarding diseases of the heart and circulation. Under the experienced editorial guidance of Dr. Leonard S. Lilly, this best-selling monograph has an outstanding reputation among medical students and faculty worldwide.
Student-friendly features of the Sixth Edition include a new, full-color design and illustrations; end-of-chapter summaries; updated content, including recent technological advances; and access to an interactive eBook.
- New full-color presentation makes the text more visually appealing.
- Up-to-date medical imaging and color clinical photographs show real-world examples of cardiovascular diseases and related conditions.
- Updated Chapter Summaries reflect consistency in length and format, making study easier.
- Updated Additional Reading references keep readers abreast of the latest literature in the field.
- Winner of two awards of excellence from the American Medical Writers Association, and recommended by medical schools worldwide.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition
, offering tablet, smartphone or accessed online
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- A powerful search tool that pulls results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- A highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick-reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use