Coming Soon - Available for Pre-Order Now
Discrimination and harassment can poison the work environment, undermine employee morale, and even lead to costly investigations and lawsuits. In the era of #MeToo, it's more important than ever to take steps to prevent harassment and discrimination, as well as appropriately respond when incidents do happen. Armed with the information and strategies in this book, you can protect your company and employees from illegal harassment and discrimination. You'll learn how to:
- develop policies prohibiting harassment and discrimination
- train employees and supervisors
- handle employee complaints and investigate claims thoroughly
- document your company's response
- take action against wrongdoers
- prevent illegal retaliation, and
- respond to agency complaints, investigations, and lawsuits.
The Essential Guide to Handling Workplace Harassment & Discrimination is a resource that every Human Resources manager, small business owner, or other general manager or supervisor should have. Ultimately, this book explains workplace harassment and discrimination, how it can be prevented, and how employers can comply with their legal obligations when responding to employee complaints. By using examples and answering frequently asked questions, this edition can help businesses of all sizes deal with the sensitive and difficult issues that arise with workplace harassment and discrimination.