Complete preparation for New York City's Specialized High School Admission Test
This new edition provides complete preparation for the revised Specialized High School Admission Test (SHSAT). This test is required for students applying to New York City's specialized public high schools: the Bronx High School of Science, the Brooklyn Latin School, Brooklyn Technical High School, High School for Mathematics, Science and Engineering at City College, High School of American Studies at Lehman College, Queens High School for the Sciences at York College, Staten Island Technical High School, and Stuyvesant High School.
Thoroughly updated to match the revised exam, this book gives applicants the competitive edge they are seeking. It includes a review of all topics tested in the English Language Arts and Mathematics sections, in particular the new Revising/Editing questions and "grid-in" Math questions. A diagnostic exam helps students focus their preparation and get the most of the skill-building drills, which include more than 300 practice questions covering every area on the test.
- Complete coverage of the revised SHSAT
- 3 full-length practice tests
- Comprehensive review and practice for the new Revising/Editing in the English Language Arts section
- New Grammar and Mechanics chapter prepares students for grammar rules typically covered by SHSAT
- Extensive practice for the new "grid-in" Math questions
- More than 300 practice questions help students master what they've reviewed
- Review of all English Language Arts and Mathematics, including reading, arithmetic, algebra, probability, statistics, and geometry
- Special chapter focuses on math for 9th-grade test takers