Email or call for price.
Usually Arrives in 2-10 Days
Autoimmune Hashimoto's is a BEAST and patients have it hard And to the rescue comes solid patient-to-patient reflections, experiences, information and SUCCESS in putting the beast into REMISSION. You do NOT have to let it control you or "run its course"
Compiled and written by Janie A. Bowthorpe, M.Ed., thyroid patient activist, author, Stop the Thyroid Madness website owner, speaker and coach, this book presents solid information to inspire you and help you be the boss over this disease.
20 POINTS ABOUT THE INSPIRING PATIENT-TO-PATIENT BOOK "HASHIMOTO'S: TAMING THE BEAST:
- Key information about how a healthy immune system should work vs. one gone nutty as in Hashimoto's disease
- 10-point summary lowdown about Hashimoto's to get you started
- Chapter on 46 research articles summaries pertaining to Hashi's. And as intended, YOU can scan choose what to further read...or not
- Info about antibodies, plus genetics underlying the disease
- Patient-described stages of their Hashimoto's disease
- Why and how Hashimoto's patients go years without help or awareness
- Patient-reported problematic foods, patient-reported reactions to them, and better ways to eat, if needed
- 43 most frustrating aspects of having Hashi's as expressed by patients
- HOORAY--95 short testimonies on how patients have lowered their antibodies
- Environmental triggers for YOU to be solidly aware of that can either birth autoimmune Hashi's in the first place, or make it worse
- All about Hashi's inflammation and what to do
- Adrenal issues and what to do about them, plus better thyroid treatment
- TWO chapters on gut health issues
- Various important lists of symptoms
- "NOTES" page at the end of each chapter to jot down page numbers or information you want to remember
- Per chapter, a lighthearted small drawing pertaining to the subject in order to send a friendly message about a serious topic, all drawn by Janie A. Bowthorpe, M.Ed. who is an artist.
- This book encourages you to underline, highlight, dog-ear, paper clip, and use the NOTES page at the end of each chapter. This is YOUR guide on how to TAME THE BEAST. You can even skip past what you don't want to read to the next part you do want to read. Then come back at another time
- 241 footnotes throughout the book for all you information geeks
- An excellent companion book to the life-changing "updated revision Stop the Thyroid Madness" book
- Gets right to the point with key information and readable chapters to help those with brain fog
This is a hugely solid book, HARDBACK for longevity OR SOFTBACK, that can EMPOWER and change your life, just as Janie A. Bowthorpe has done for thyroid patients with her website Stop the Thyroid Madness, and her other excellent books.: )