Email or call for price.
Usually Arrives in 2-10 Days
With visual symptoms occurring in 50-90 percent of workers using computers, this practical guide details careful diagnosis and treatment of visual conditions that can cause visual syndromes. This book provides the knowledge, references, materials, and action plans designed to help practitioners diagnose and manage computer-related vision disorders. It addresses the visual and environmental factors that cause the visual problems experienced by computer users, offering practical suggestions for assessing the visual ergonomics of a patient's computer workstation and reducing the visual demands of a task.
- Serves as a readable and practical how-to guide to computer-related visual problems that guides the reader in diagnosing and treating computer-related visual disorders.
- In-depth coverage addresses both the common visual problems and the environmental factors that cause them.
- Action plans in each chapter suggest activities for implementing and applying strategies in the workplace.
- A chapter on positioning the practice provides information on how to expand clinical practice into the area of caring for computer-users and improve patient satisfaction.
- A chapter on marketing provides the tools needed to bring new patients into the reader's practice and expand the patient base.
- Exercises and hand-out materials designed for patient education encourage patient compliance with treatment guidelines.
- Up-to-date information on various research studies and notes discusses the evidence-based rationales behind effective practice.
- Information on lens products provides information on prescribing lenses designed for computer use.
- Discussions of computer-simulation instruments provides information on the purchase and use of computer simulation instruments.