Email or call for price.
Prepared by authors based in the UK, this highly practical, illustrated guide continues to provide an up-to-date, practical introduction to anaesthetic equipment and its use in clinical practice. An invaluable resource for all those who work with anaesthetic equipment, including anaesthetists studying for the FRCA examinations, nurses and operating department practitioners, this new edition has been completely updated to reflect current equipment and training requirements. Lavishly illustrated throughout with colour photos and clearly-drawn line illustrations plus fully revised self-assessment sections, Essentials of Anaesthetic Equipment, fourth edition, retains the superbly organized and easy-to-read format that has made previous editions such a success.
- The same portable size is retained for the new edition
- An ideal book for the busy trainee or practitioner to carry around the hospital and 'dip into' when the opportunity presents
- A selection of MCQs is included at the end of each chapter providing an opportunity for the reader to test their knowledge - an ideal aid to exam preparation
- Highly illustrated with colour photographs and diagrams throughout to aid recognition in the clinical environment and demonstrates essential points
- Standardised format used for each piece of equipment: components, mechanism of action, problems in practice and safety features
- Summary boxes in every chapter highlighting key points and safety considerations help the reader remember key information and breaks down the text into manageable chunks. Especially helpful when preparing for exams
- Equipment checklists include essential information that all users of anaesthetic equipment need to know
- New colour images and artwork throughout
References updated with relevant links to NICE, NSPA and MHRA
Updated self-assessment sections (in SBA format) to check understanding and aid exam preparation